Saturday, Sep 18th 2021 7:32 PM
Lagos
+29°C

Market Digest Nigeria

Business

Big Oil Discovery By ConocoPhillips Another Reason To Take A Position In The Company

The announcement that ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) has discovered as much as 300 million barrels of oil off the coast of Alaska, one which could generate as much as 100,000 barrels per day when it’s fully operational, further solidifies the future reserves of the company. Combined with Conoco meeting its lower-cost objectives, it positions the company for a solid performance in the near and long term.

This follows up on the company’s discovery of the oil early in 2016 after drilling a couple of exploration wells. Conoco kept its discovery quiet, waiting until the December state and federal lease sales when it added another 594,900 acres in leases, which are located on the western North Slope of Alaska. Obviously, this means it believes there is a lot more oil to be found.

With its partner in the venture, Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), the company will engage in further exploration in the region. ConocoPhillips owns 78 percent of the venture and Anadarko the remaining 22 percent.

 

 

Source: StockCharts.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
SUBSCRIBE NOW!
Get the best of Market Digest Nigeria financial news
delivered to your inbox daily!
By clicking Give it a try, I hereby: Agree and Consent to the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy
& I may receive free newsletters & promotions from this site and can choose to unsubscribe anytime.