Gunmen who abducted Edo State Head of Service, Anthony Okungbowa, have yet to establish any contact with the family following his abduction on Saturday evening in Oza, near Benin City.
A family source, who doesn’t want his name mentioned, said as of Sunday, the abductors had yet to establish any link with them.
He also disclosed that the whereabouts of his police orderly, who was with him at the event, had remained unknown.
“We are just keeping our fingers cross and praying to God for all to be well,” he said.
Spokesman for the Edo Police Command, Chidi Nwabuzor, however, could not provide any update on the matter as he said he had been away outside the state on official assignment.
He said, “There is nothing I can tell you right now about events in the state because I have been away in Enugu on official assignment and just returned to Benin now.”
Also, the State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, was not available to speak on the matter as efforts to reach him proved abortive.
Though his phone was busy, he failed to respond to messages sent to his line.
Okungbowa’s official driver was killed when the gunmen attacked and abducted him on Saturday.