The Newspaper which is a household name in Nigeria’s vast media space observed that since Ikpeazu ’s “assumption of office as Executive Governor of Abia State, you have demonstrated that quality of a true leader, whose impact is felt in all parts of the State.
“Your astuteness and steadfastness have brought a lot of changes and developmental strides to Abia State, notwithstanding the glaring economic challenges our nation is grappling with presently.
“Your selfless service contribution to the political stability, good governance and purposeful leadership of Abia State are noteworthy”, they said.
To emerge Governor of the Year 2021 (SME Development), the New Telegraph listed the following strides of the Governor:
* The Abia State Footwear Academy
* SME Development i.e. multi-Skill and Entrepreneur Centre in Umuobiakwa
* Two citizens of the State won the National Merit Award in Fashion Design and Leather Works in Abuja
* Facilitated for training in China several footwear makers from Aba, towards enhancing their productivity
* Enrolment into the Abia State Footwear Academy as a student, which is humbling
* Galvanising artisans at Aba, the commercial nerve centre of the South East, to be at the forefront of the production of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), facemasks and other necessities needed to stop the scourge at the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic
* The Enyimba Economic City.
The Newspaper said it hoped that the Award will spur the Governor to do more and serve as an inspiration to other leaders.
The Award shall be presented at a ceremony whose details will be announced in due course.